Homeopathic remedies for headaches have been gaining recognition among alternative and mainstream health professionals and for good reasons, too. Keep in mind that homeopathic remedies use all-natural substances as treatments for a wide variety of diseases and disorders, which means that these are considered as generally safe when applied in the proper manner.
And therein lies the crux of the matter. Maximizing the benefits of homeopathic headache remedies requires proper application including type, dosage and frequency of the substances used as treatments. Here are our tips in this regard.
Many of the homeopathic remedies for headaches can be purchased as over-the-counter products from online sites complete with instructions on intake and dosage. However, many more of these homeopathic remedies should be consulted first with professional homeopathic practitioners so as to ensure safety first and efficacy second. Keep in mind that homeopathic remedies require mixing substances that untrained individuals should refrain from handling, much less administering on themselves, such as belladonna, heloderma and arsenic.
With a professional homeopathic practitioner on your side, you are most likely to maximize the benefits of homeopathic headache remedies by following exact dosages. Your headache will then be of little to no issue in your daily life after taking the right type of homeopathic remedy at the right dosage for the right duration.
Even with trained professionals recommending homeopathic remedies for headaches, interested individuals are still well-advised to learn everything possible about these substances. Here are the most common homeopathy remedies and their applications:
• Natrummur is used for throbbing headaches that usually start in the morning and remain until afternoon; headaches associated with sinusitis; and headaches caused by grief, anxiety and fear.
• Belladonna is applied for headaches with pulsations; headaches that worsen when lying down or with noise stimuli but become better with a semi-erect posture and pressure; and headaches aggravated by noise, lying down, and jarring movements.
• Gelsemium is best for headaches associated with vertigo; headaches related to stress, anxiety and depression; and headaches with soreness in the neck.
• Glonoine is suitable for headaches after sun exposure; headaches brought by menstruation; and congestive headaches where pulsations are experienced in the head, ears and face.
• Onosmodium is best for migraine headaches; headaches starting in the morning; and headaches made better when eating food and drinking cold beverages.
• Chamomilla is suitable for headaches with throbbing pain and headaches with sudden onset coupled by uncharacteristic irritability
These homeopathic remedies for headaches are usually available in pre-mixed solutions. Your job is to read the labels, follow the instructions, and adopt adjunct methods to make your headache go away. Think of meditation, deep breathing, and avoidance of triggers like anxiety, healthy diet, and moderate exercise.
Homeopathic practitioners also advise their patients to be well aware of the potential dangers in abusing these homeopathic remedies for headaches. When your symptoms persist, your best bet is to seek medical advice since your frequent bouts of headaches may be a symptom of an underlying serious medical condition such as brain tumors.